Despite these warnings, ActionSA claims the national government has been slow in responding to this pressing issue.
Herman Mashaba wantsn SAPS and health department to shoulder the blame for the spate of food poisoning claims from spaza shop
Today, the Gauteng Education Department confirmed the tragic passing of a Grade 3 boy learner from food poisoning.
Two minors have died in a food poisoning related incident after consuming sweets and chips bought from a local vendor.
Yesterday, a total of 90 primary school learners in Gauteng were rushed to hospital after eating space cookies.
Too HIGH for primary school? A total of 90 learners from Grade R-7 landed in hospital after consuming space cookies.
The DA in Gauteng is demanding that the Gauteng Department of Education urgently implement adequate safety and hygiene measures in schools.
A number of learners including an employee at Tsakane Secondary School have committed suicide by consuming poison.
Fifteen members of a Namibian family have died after eating toxic porridge, in one of the country’s worst cases of suspected food poisoning.
Three family members had spaghetti and mince for supper while another minor had biscuits. They all died from suspected food poisoning.
A popular restaurant in the United States has closed its doors after it was accused of serving a stew with a rat to a couple.
Learners aged between five and 13 were rushed to hospital when they complained about abdominal pains after eating lollipops.
The two men drank what is believed to be soft drink that was given by a stranger to one of the survivors while job hunting in Limpopo.
Need your news quickly? Watch daily News in a minute videos from The South African YouTube page for all that you really need to know!
The siblings’ grandmother had sprinkled poison on meat, with the aim of killing rats – but the children ended up consuming it
Two people died, and 29 others were admitted to the hospital after they all allegedly ate the same food served at a funeral in the West Rand.
Talk about a kitchen nightmare! Your cooking might be bad, but has it ever lead to 37 people requiring hospital treatment for food poisoning?
A young bride nearly had her special day ruined by her mother-in-law aka ‘monster-in-law’ who allegedly tried to poison the bride at her wedding!
The Gauteng Education Department has launched an investigation into alleged food poisoning after learners became ill at school.