Overseas business looking to e

Overseas business looking to establish a branch in the UK?

If you have an overseas business and are looking to establish a firm in the UK, then the Sole Representative visa might be the perfect option for branching out

Overseas business looking to e

If you have an overseas business and are looking to establish a branch in the UK, the Sole Representative visa might be the ideal vehicle to do so. This very advantageous immigration category allows overseas businesses to start a branch or representative office in the UK, by sending one key individual to the UK to begin the process.
This immigration category is very popular among South African based businesses that expanded their business to the UK.

In order for a person to qualify for this visa he or she must have been recruited as an employee outside the United Kingdom by the firm which has its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK and has no branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK. This person usually has been working for the entity for some time and may even be a shareholder as long as he/she is not the majority shareholder.

The applicant must be a senior employee, intending to be employed full time, with complete authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas branch, for the purpose of representing the firm in the UK by running a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas firm.

There are many advantages to this type of visa. The spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner and dependent children may apply to join the applicant in the UK. The dependents will be granted the same period of leave as the main applicant and will be able to work without restriction in the UK.

The visa is granted for an initial period of two years which then may be extended for an additional period or periods of up to three years. At the end of successful completion of a five-year period on this type of visa the holder can, subject to certain requirements, qualify to apply for permanent residence or Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Please do not hesitate to contact BIC should you require more information about this type of visa.

 www.bic-immigration.com or info@bic-immigration.com