Rape news, rapist, man rapes minors, Pietermaritzburg man pleads guilty, Pietermartizburg Sexual Offences Court, four minors, four boys, KwaZulu-Natal

A man in his early 20s pleaded guilty to the rape of four young boys aged four, five, six and eight in May last year. Photo: Stock Image / Pixabay

Pietermaritzburg man pleads guilty to raping four young boys

A 20-year-old Pietermaritzburg man pleaded guilty to raping boys aged four, five, six and eight in May 2021.

Rape news, rapist, man rapes minors, Pietermaritzburg man pleads guilty, Pietermartizburg Sexual Offences Court, four minors, four boys, KwaZulu-Natal

A man in his early 20s pleaded guilty to the rape of four young boys aged four, five, six and eight in May last year. Photo: Stock Image / Pixabay

A young man from Pietermartizburg pleaded guilty to the rape of four minors. The incidents reportedly occurred at the man’s home on 14 May 2021.

Man did not have legal representation and admitted to knowing he was guilty

The 20-year-old individual had no legal representation in court. He is said to have taken full responsibility for the rapes as he appeared before the Pietermartizburg Sexual Offences Court on Thursday, 23 June. 

He admitted to knowing he was guilty of a crime as he committed acts of sexual penetration with a male under the age of 16 without their consent. All the complainants in the matter were under the age of 16.

Man admits to raping boys aged four, five, six and eight

The man is said to have raped children aged four, five, six and eight. All the rapes are believed to have happened on the same day. After being confronted by the parents of the children, the man was arrested.

The accused’s ‘excuse’ for raping the children was due to depression. He alleged that he failed to reconcile with his ex-girlfriend following their breakup. Explaining how he lured the children in, the man stated that they were playing outside his house.

He called them inside and took them into his room one by one where he raped them.

The court case

A report by the man’s probation officer is expected to be heard in court. This report will be used to weigh in on the man’s sentencing. The case has been adjourned to 20 July. The reason is to allow the state to collect information about the minor victims, reports IOL.

Two minors raped on the way back from school, investigations ongoing

In related news, it was previously reported that a manhunt has been launched for two men who are accused of raping two girls aged eight and nine at Gogobole village. The SAPS’ Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit (FCS) in Tshilwavhusiku, Limpopo.

Spokesperson for the South African Police Service in Limpopo Brig Motlafela Mojapelo said the two girls fell victim to the crime on Thursday, 9 June at around 16:00. The girls were reportedly walking home from school.

Mojapelo said the men were wearing blue work suits and dragged the girls into a nearby bush. The children informed the elders about the rape when they arrived home. Brigadier Mojapelo explained that the matter was reported to the SAPS where two counts of rape were opened. Read the full story here.