DJ Zinhle’s reality show DJ Zinhle: The Unexpected is in full swing – here’s what we know about the DJ’s beautiful blended family.
ALSO READ: Where to watch ‘DJ Zinhle: The Unexpected’ season three
SIX THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DJ ZINHLE’S BLENDED FAMILY
- DJ Zinhle welcomed her first child with slain rapper AKA in 2015. The pair were rumoured to be romantically linked from 2012 but only made their relationship public in 2014. Zinhle reportedly accused AKA of cheating on her with media personality Bonang Matheba in 2015 and called it quits. In July 2015, AKA and Zinhle welcomed Kairo Forbes.
- AKA was shot dead during on Friday 10 February while standing outside Wish Restaurant on Florida Road, Durban. Durban police confirmed the death of the rapper on the scene.
- AKA and DJ Zinhle reportedly got back together in 2018 but broke up again in 2019.
- The rapper then began dating Anele “Nelli” Tembe, who tragically passed away on 11 April 2021, just two weeks after the rapper paid lobola for her. Nelli plunged to her death from the tenth floor of the Pepperclub Hotel in Cape Town. The rapper later moved on with rapper Nadia Nakai.
- While DJ Zinhle reportedly began dating musician Bongani Mohosana, popularly known as Murdah Bongz in 2020. Zinhle welcomed her second child Asante Mohonsana with Murdah Bongz in August 2021 – who was also loved by AKA’s family. The DJ maintained a good relationship with AKA’s mom Lynn Forbes, who stars in the third season of her reality show.
ALSO READ: DJ Zinhle’s reality show recap: Three bombshells from season two
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY ALICIA NAIDOO