Thabo Rakhale

image via @ChippaUnitedFC

Thabo Rakhale weighing up his options before deciding on next move

Thabo Rakhale is making use of a fitness trainer during the lockdown period while weighing up his options regarding his next destination.

Thabo Rakhale

image via @ChippaUnitedFC

Former Orlando Pirates ace Thabo Rakhale is weighing up his options before making a decision on his next move.

Thabo Rakhale was released by Chippa United last month after spending two seasons at the Chilli Boys. Jomo, as Rakhale is affectionately known as, was one of five Chippa United players to be given an early clearance at the club with the rest of the team assembling in the hope of completing the 2019/20 season.

Thabo Rakhale studying his offers

“I won’t lie, there has been a number of teams that have approached me about next season since we announced that my contract has ended at Chippa, and even though I was not able to stay to complete the season.” – Rakhale told Farpost.

“I did tell them to wait until this current season gets finished, where then I will be able to weight up on all of the offers. I have heard rumours that have linked me to certain teams, but I prefer to not place any pressure on myself at the moment.”

Jomo keeping fit at home

Rakhale confirmed that he is making use of a personal trainer to keep his fitness levels up during the current lockdown period in South Africa.

“There is nothing more that I can do but to keep fit and be ready for next season at a new team. Right now, I am working with a friend of mine at home in Vaal who also happens to be a fitness trainer, training by myself to make sure that my fitness levels stay up.

“Training alone without any teammates is always going to be different but my fitness levels have to stay up. I’m itching to get back on the field like all the players but we obviously are aware of the COVID-19 related reasons.”

All Premier Soccer League teams have returned to training after being given the green light by government over two weeks ago. A decision regarding whether the local soccer season will continue or not is expected to be made on Monday by the PSL.