World’s busiest airports
ForwardKeys, a leading travel analytics firm, has reported that of the top twenty airports, 11 of them are located in Europe.
ALSO READ: 7 top tips when travelling with kids at airports this festive season
ALSO READ: This SA airport ranks amongst the BEST in the world for queueing time
According to Schengenvisa.info, the findings of the reports also showed that Dubai International (DXB) Airport is the number one busiest airport in the world, with 41.6 million visitors recorded in the first half of 2023.
ALSO READ: Top tips on how to plan a last-minute international getaway this festive season
ALSO READ: Here are the Top 10 most expensive airports to park at in 2023
The airport is now expecting to receive 85 million passengers for the rest of 2023, with this new forecast being just 1.6 per cent below Dubai International’s 2019 traffic of 83.6 million.
ALSO READ: Which country has the World’s Best Digital Nomad Visa?
ALSO READ: Cape Winelands Airport on its way towards R7 billion expansion
The Top 20
Take a look at the Top 20 busiest airports below:
- Dubai Airport
- London Heathrow Airport
- Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Changi International Airport
- Istanbul Airport
- Incheon International Airport
- Frankfurt Airport
- Hamad International Airport
- Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport
- London Gatwick Airport
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Dublin Airport
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport
- Franz Josef Strauss Airport
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY SUNDEEKA MUNGROO