As October begins, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) gears up to disburse much-needed support to vulnerable communities nationwide. SASSA has announced SEVEN increases in various social grants, providing critical financial relief to those who depend on these grants for their well-being.
SEVEN SASSA GRANTS INCREASE NEXT WEEK
Payment Dates for October 2023
ALSO READ: SASSA: Officials positive October social grants will be paid on time
HERE ARE THE PAYMENT DATES FOR OCTOBER:
To ensure a smooth disbursement process, SASSA has outlined the payment dates for different grant categories:
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023: Old Age Grants.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023: Disability Grants.
- Thursday, October 5, 2023: Children’s Grants.
This structured payment schedule ensures that beneficiaries receive their grants promptly and without delay.
ALSO READ: How to track R350 SASSA grant application status on Whatsapp
THESE GRANTS HAVE BEEN INCREASED
SASSA is committed to enhancing the financial support provided through its various grant programs. Effective from October 1, 2023, beneficiaries will see the following increases:
- Older Persons Grant: Recipients between the ages of 60 and 74 will see their grant increase from R2080 to R2090, while those over 75 will receive R2110.
- Disability Grant: The Disability Grant will rise from R2080 to R2090, providing vital assistance to individuals with disabilities.
- Child Support Grant: Families caring for children will benefit from an increase in the Child Support Grant, which will now be R510, up from R500.
- Child Support Grant Top-Up: The Child Support Grant Top-Up remains unchanged at R250.
- Foster Child Grant: Foster parents will receive an increase, with the Foster Child Grant rising from R1120 to R1130.
- Care Dependency Grant: The Care Dependency Grant will also increase from R2080 to R2090.
- War Veterans Grant: For those who have served their country, the War Veterans Grant will increase from R2100 to R2110.
- Grant-In-Aid: The Grant-In-Aid will rise from R500 to R510.
‘THESE ADJUSTMENTS REFLECT SASSA’S COMMITMTN TO IMPROVE FINANCIAL STABILITY’
These adjustments reflect SASSA’s commitment to improving the financial stability and well-being of South Africa’s most vulnerable citizens.
ALSO READ: Not sure if you have unclaimed R350 grants? Check here if you have an unclaimed grant
“SASSA recognizes the importance of its services to the community and acknowledges any inconvenience that may have been experienced during the previous payment cycle. The agency is continually striving to enhance its services, ensuring that beneficiaries receive their grants efficiently and without disruption.”
ALSO READ: SASSA: Here’s how to replace expiring cards
ALSO READ: REMINDER: Here are all the SASSA payment dates for the year
REMINDER OF WHO TO CONTACT FOR QUERIES:
- For any further queries, please get in touch with SASSA directly:
- Contact the SASSA Toll-Free Call centre on 0800 60 10 11
- Contact the SASSA Head Office on 012 400 2322
- Email SASSA Head Office at: Grantsenquiries@sassa.gov.za
- Contact details of SASSA offices across the country: SASSA offices
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY CORNé VAN ZYL