Five children were injured when two light motor vehicles collided on Springs Road in Crystal Park, Benoni, on Thursday.
THE INJURED CHILDREN WERE TRANSPORTED TO THE HOSPITAL
According to ER24 emergency services, paramedics arrived at 08:00 on Thursday last week, to find two light motor vehicles on the side of the road.
“Five children were seen seated in another vehicle. Paramedics assessed the children and found that all five had sustained minor to moderate injuries. Fortunately, no serious injuries or fatalities were found.”
NO FATALITIES WERE FOUND
ER24 said the children were treated and transported to Sunshine Private hospital for further care.
ALSO READ: Two injured as speeding car plough into crowd during illegal street race
Local authorities were on the scene for further investigations.
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT:
- Stop your car and stay at the scene
- Firstly, stop your vehicle and, in the interest of road safety, switch on your hazards to warn other drivers. Climb out of your car if it is safe to do so and check if anyone has been hurt. If you can, take pictures of the damage to all the vehicles involved in the incident.
- Help anyone who has been hurt
- While you can only be criminally charged for causing the accident and any resulting injuries, as a bystander, you have a moral obligation to help someone who has been hurt in a road accident. Help includes contacting an ambulance or rescue unit, even if the injuries do not appear to be serious. It’s critical that you don’t move the injured party and that you do not administer first aid unless you are qualified to do so.
- Get the details
- Record the information of everyone involved in the road accident, including personal details, vehicle registration numbers, tow-truck information, and insurance details. Take note of all road names, landmarks, intersections, and robots, as you will have to draw a sketch and description of the accident on your police report and for insurance purposes.
- Report the accident
- Inform the police within 24 hours of the road accident. If the police come to the scene, don’t move anything until they say you may. Ensure that you get an Accident Report (AR) number, as this is needed for any insurance claim or third-party claim you may lodge.