A pressure cooker exploded while a man was busy preparing a meal. The man who was standing next to the stove was seriously injured.
A man was seriously injured when a pressure cooker exploded while preparing a meal at his house in Durban.
Netcare911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst said paramedics were called to the scene on Thursday afternoon.
“Paramedics responded to an explosion at a residence in Waterfall, Durban West region.”
He said reports indicate that while a meal was being prepared a pressure cooker had exploded.
ALSO READ: Fully developed foetus with placenta attached found DUMPED in Alberton
The man who was standing next to the stove was seriously injured.
“The man sustained traumatic injuries to his face as well as thermal burns to his face, neck, and shoulders.”
Herbst said the man was treated on the scene by paramedics.
“Once stabilised the patient was transported to a hospital for the care he needed.”
Meanwhile, an Iraqi chef tragically died last week after falling into a vat of soup, which left him severely scalded across large swathes of his body.
According to the New York Post, Issa Ismail was helping prepare a wedding banquet at the Hazel wedding hall in Zakho. While stirring the soup, the 25-year-old father of three reportedly slipped and fell into the pot before tumbling to the floor.
According to the report, the injured man was immediately rushed to a local hospital, where medics spent several days trying to save his life. However, the man died five days later after succumbing to third-degree burns that covered almost 70% of his body.
ALSO READ: Teenager shot in the head and killed in Cape Town shooting