The Free State has again recorded the worst declines in dam water levels this past week however, a rainy winter season is expected.
ALSO READ: Dam levels: KwaZulu-Natal dam water levels weekly update
Dam water levels have been declining throughout several provinces in the country and the Free State is one of the heavily affected.
According to weather expects, there are some chances of rain expected in the inner parts of the country in the throughout the up coming winter season.
ALSO READ: Dam levels: Eastern Cape dam water levels weekly update
There is a slight decline from the previous week’s report. The dam levels in the Free State have declined by 0.1 cubic meters this week.
HERE IS YOUR FREE STATE DAM WATER LEVELS WEEKLY REPORT:
Click here to view more Free State dam levels
HERE SOME TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE WATER:
- Check your toilet for leaks.
- Take shorter showers or
- Take baths
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
- Turn off the water while shaving
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks
- If you wash dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing
- Water your lawn only when it needs it (not everyday)
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants.
- Water your plants or garden at least once a day
ALSO READ: South Africans warned to use water with caution during dry winter season
- Use a broom to clean driveways, sidewalks and steps
- Don’t run the hose while washing your car
- Tell your children not to play with the hose and sprinklers
- Ditch the bottled water – it takes 3 litres of tap water to make one litre of bottled water
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and save 9 litres
- Take a 5 minute shower and save up to 100 litres that baths can use
- Change to a water-efficient showerhead and half your consumption
- Turn off the water while washing your hair
- Flush less when you do and put a 2l bottle filled with water in your cistern
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY CWENGA MAQHUBELA