“I lost my Biometric Residence

“I lost my Biometric Residence Permit!”

The consultants at Breytenbachs Immigration Consultants receive a number of distressed calls from clients, every month, saying that they have lost their Biometric Residence Permit.

“I lost my Biometric Residence

If your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is lost, stolen or it was damaged, and it was valid for another three months or more, you have to get it replaced.

What happens if I do not replace my lost Biometric Residence Permit?

According to the Home Office, you can be fined up to £1,000. You can also be made to leave the UK if you do not apply for a replacement BRP in time.

Where was your Biometric Residence Permit lost?

In the UK
The time frame on how soon you have to get your BRP replaced will depend on where it was lost or stolen. If your BRP was stolen, lost or damaged in the UK, you have to apply for a replacement within three months.
The application fee for a replacement BRP is currently £56. You can apply online from the Home Office Website.
Outside the UK
If your BRP was stolen, damaged or lost outside the UK, you would face some administrative hassles!
It is not possible to apply for a Biometric Residence Permit outside the UK. You will have to apply for a replacement BRP visa. This will allow you to enter the UK on one occasion only. The application process is done online and currently, cost £154.
When you are back in the UK, you will have to apply for the replacement BRP within one month.

How to report a stolen Biometric Residence Permit

It is possible to report to the stolen BRP online on the Home Office website, whether it was stolen from inside or outside the UK. The Home Office will then contact you within one working day.
In cases where you do find your BRP, after reporting it as stolen, you will no longer be able to use it.

For more information please visit the Breytenbachs website at www.bic-immigration.com Alternatively, please fill out the form below for one of their consultants to contact you.