Princess Diana is without a doubt one of the biggest icons of our time. The Princess who was dubbed as the “People’s Princess” captured the hearts of many. Whether that be through her sense of style, her humanitarian efforts or how personable she was, Lady Diana was loved by the public.
However, despite being well received by some of the public, not everyone was a fan of the Princess. She often faced tons of public scrutiny by the British press, since her entrance into the royal family, up until her untimely demise.
ALSO READ: Princess Charlene of Monaco: From SA swimmer to Prince’s wife
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PRINCESS DIANA
Even in death, Princess Diana remains to be one of the most influential princesses to ever exist. Here are a few interesting facts about the late Princess.
- Princess Diana is a Cancer and was born on 1 July 1961.
- She was one of five children born to John Spencer and Frances Shand Kydd.
- Up until she was 9-years-old Diana was homeschooled.
- She wanted to become a ballerina but was too tall.
- According to the Business Insider, the Princess struggled in school and eventually dropped out when she was 16 years old.
- Lady Diana’s grandmother, Ruth Roche, Baroness Fermay was the Lady in Waiting to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
- Before meeting Prince Charles, Princess Diana worked as a nanny and teacher, making her the first royal to have a paying job.
- She has two children, Prince William and Prince Harry.
- Swedish pop group, ABBA was her favourite band, as per Haper’s Bazaar.
- Princess Diana was an activist for HIV awareness.
- The Princess struggled from an eating disorder called Bulimia and depression.
- Lady Diana married Prince Charles when she was only 20-years-old.
- It was usually custom for members of the royal family to give birth at the palace. However, Princess Diana was the first royal to give birth in a hospital.
- Princess Diana was quite close to a few A-listers including Elton John, Naomi Campbell, Liza Minnelli, Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Freddie Mercury, Christy Turlington and Cindy Crawford.
- Diana’s personal Chef Darren McGrady revealed to the Huff post that the Princess was a bad cook. “She was just the worst, a terrible person in the kitchen”, McGrady shared.
ALSO READ: Who is SA’s Princess Charlene’s husband? Meet Prince Albert II of Monaco
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY WANIQUE BLOCK