Canadian musician Claire Elise Boucher, popularly known as Grimes, is seeking to dismiss the parental rights lawsuit filed against her by ex-boyfriend and “baby daddy”, South African-born billionaire Elon Musk.
ALSO READ: Errol Musk says ‘moms are essential’ amid Elon and Grime’s custody battle
GRIMES WANTS ELON MUSK’S ‘INAPPROPRIATE’ LAWSUIT TOSSED
Elon Musk’s “baby mama” Grimes wants to have the parental rights lawsuit filed against her tossed out as she claims their three children no longer live in the state of Texas. The lawsuit was filed in Texas. The musician and Musk share X Æ A-Xii (3), Exa Dark Sideræl (1) and Tau Techno Mechanicus (1).
Page Six reports that Grimes claims she and her three kids that she shares with the billionaire moved to California “on or about” 31 December. This disputed the billionaire’s claim that the family lived in the same home in Texas from May to July 2023.
Grimes also claims that Musk spends a substantial amount of time on the West Coast. She argued that he is there two to three days a week, estimating that he is only in Texas about 46 percent of the time.
ALSO READ: Elon Musk’s ‘third baby mama’: Where is Shivon Zilis now?
WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE LAWSUIT
- Billionaire Elon Musk quietly took legal action against his ex-girlfriend and “baby mama” Grimes over the parental rights of their three children, according to Page Six. This reportedly took place before she decided to sue the billionaire himself, according to newly released court documents.
- In a petition filed in Texas, obtained by Insider, Musk seeks to become the legal parent of his three children with Grimes.
- In the filing, Musk claimed that he had “actual care, control, and possession of each child since the birth of each child.” He noted that the care took place in Texas. He reportedly resides in Texas full time, for at least “six consecutive months.”
- Musk accuses Grimes of “attempting to circumvent the jurisdiction” of the Texas court after recently declaring herself a non-resident of the state. However, the pair allegedly lived together in the same home with their kids from May to July.
- This comes after reports claimed that Grimes had sued Musk for parental rights. According to court reports obtained by Page Six, Grimes, the mom of three of Elon Musk’s 11 kids filed a petition “to establish parental relationship”. The publication reports that the request intends to have the court identify the legal parents of a child when they are unmarried.
ALSO READ: Toxic? Timeline of Elon Musk and Amber Heard’s relationship
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY ALICIA NAIDOO