Orlando Pirates have clinched their second win of the season after beating Royal AM at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Wednesday.
WIN | Stand to win a share of R5 million in prizes, including a trip to Qatar!
READ MORE: New Masilela? Five reasons Chiefs will promote this kid
DEON HOTTO GRABS ORLANDO PIRATES WIN
As The South African website reported on Wednesday night, a first-half goal from Deon Hotto was enough to earn the Sea Robbers all three points.
The Namibian started his third game in his new wing-back position under coach Jose Riveiro.
Here are five things we observed at the Moses Mabhida arena.
READ MORE: Done deal – Former Chiefs star returns to Europe
READ MORE: Reports – Chiefs offer Mathoho to Gauteng club
FIVE THINGS WE LEARNED IN ROYAL AM VICTORY
- It’s clear for all to see, the 22-year-old Thabiso Monyane is thriving under his new coach Riveiro. Monyane is the hottest flavour right now.
- Nkosinathi Sibisi, the new man from Golden Arrows in the heart of defence, has equally sparkled as a fast, all-action defender.
- The back-three of Sibisi, Olisa Ndah, and Innocent Maela looked like the coolest backline in the league. It’ll be a big surprise if they don’t start together on Sunday at SuperSport United and beyond.
- Coach Riveiro is yet to find his starting central midfielders, and whether it will be two or a three-man midfield.
- New striker Eva Nga is still working to understand and form combinations with Riveiro’s double number 10s Thembinkosi Lorch and Kabelo Dlamini.
Meanwhile, the Sea Robbers will take a day off before a few training sessions ahead of Gavin Hunt’s SuperSport on Sunday at the Lucas Moripe Stadium from 17:30.
READ MORE: Reports – Bafana left-back to Kaizer Chiefs?
READ MORE: Shopping for Chiefs – Three free agent strikers from Europe