Paramedics said a worker was critically injured when the platform was raised, and it touched the overhead power cables.
A worker was critically injured when the platform was raised, and it touched the overhead power cables.
According to Netcare911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst, the incident happened around 14:42 on Tuesday in Brackenfell, Cape Town.
ALSO READ: Soweto couple dies after being electrocuted
“On Tuesday afternoon, Netcare 911 responded to electrocution at a warehouse in Brackenfell, Cape Town.
“Reports indicate that while working on a cherry picker, an adult male had been electrocuted when the platform was raised, touching overhead power cables,” Herbst said.
The man was found to have sustained critical injuries.
ALSO READ: Man killed when he grabbed onto fence – exposed to electricity cables
“Once the machinery was locked out, advanced life support paramedics were able to treat the badly burned man.
“Once stabilised, the patient was transported through to a specialist facility for the care he required,” Herbst said.
Here are seven ways to help someone who has been electrocuted: