woman painters

Photo: Screenshot from video.

WATCH: Woman faces attempted murder charge after snipping painters’ rope while they were 26 floors high

A Thai woman living in a high-rise building cut the support rope of painters that were hanging above the 30th floor. Local media reports say she did it because she was annoyed.

woman painters

Photo: Screenshot from video.

A Thai woman faces attempted murder and property destruction charges after she cut the support rope for two painters who were working at the building she lives in, the police said on Wednesday, 27 October. The painters hung above the 26th floor until they were rescued.


According to local media reports, the woman cut the rope because she was frustrated when she saw the workers appear outside her room and she hadn’t seen an announcement about the maintenance.

Pongjak Preechakarunpong, the chief of the Pak Kret police station, told the Associated Press (AP) that the woman faces attempted murder and property destruction charges.

A video clip of the incident shows the two painters knocking on a window on the 26th floor and asking the residents to let them inside.

One of the painters told local media that three painters had lowered themselves from the 32nd floor to repair a crack on the building.

According to AP, when the painter reached the 30th floor he noticed that the rope felt heavier. He looked down and saw someone on the 21st floor open a window and cut his rope. The third colleague supported the painters from above, according to the resident who rescued them by letting them into her apartment.

The building’s management accompanied the painters to the police station where they reported the matter.

The woman initially denied cutting the rope but she changed her tune when the police sent the severed rope for fingerprint and DNA analysis, according to local media.

The woman appeared at the police station on Wednesday, alongside her lawyer. The authorities played her the CCTV footage of the incident, which took place on 12 October, and presented the forensic evidence against her.

The woman then confessed to cutting the rope but denied the intention to kill the workers. The police said the suspect faced up to 20 years imprisonment if found guilty of attempted murder.

She was released temporarily until the police file an indictment at the provincial court, which must be done within 15 days.