Mark Pilgrim has shared a health update after he was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer earlier this year

Mark Pilgrim has shared a health update after he was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer earlier this year.
Image via Instagram
@markpilgrimza

Mark Pilgrim shares health update: ‘The tumours are shrinking’

He did it three decades ago, and now Mark Pilgrim is determined to beat cancer once again following intensive treatment.

Mark Pilgrim has shared a health update after he was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer earlier this year

Mark Pilgrim has shared a health update after he was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer earlier this year.
Image via Instagram
@markpilgrimza

Mark Pilgrim has shared some positive news with his followers amid his ongoing health battle: his cancerous tumours are shrinking!

The veteran radio personality made the announcement on his social media accounts.

MARK PILGRIM GIVES HAPPY HEALTH UPDATE

Earlier this year, Mark Pilgrim was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. In March, Mark began intensive chemotherapy treatment to treat the cancer.

Alongside a picture of him receiving another round of treatment, he shared: “The scan results received this morning show a significant shrinkage of all the tumors in my lung, spine, leg, and lymph nodes”.

In 1988 at the age of 18 years old, Mark Pilgrim was diagnosed with aggressive stage three testicular cancer. Twenty years later, the Hot 102.7 FM DJ suffered a heart attack in the doctor’s office which left him with permanent damage. 

He said in a 2019 tweet: “I’m alive today because I had it whilst in my doctor’s office. I still have 10% of my heart that doesn’t beat”.

But despite his past health woes,  Mark had more good news to celebrate. Earlier this week during a cardiologist appointment, Mark Pilgrim revealed that his heart was in perfect working condition.

He shared in a separate post: “I lost 10% heart function 14 years ago, but the ECG and sonar show the remaining 90% is still working fantastically. It’s about appreciating the small victories. They are worth the celebration.”

ADOPTING A POSITIVE MINDSET

Despite the poor health prognosis earlier this year, Mark Pilgrim is adamant he can beat cancer again with a positive mindset.

This includes his mantra of  “visualising healing”.

He added in his post: “Since the diagnosis at end of Feb, I’ve been working SO hard every day to bring my body back into balance, with the determination that I will still be around to walk my girls down the aisle one day. That, along with the collective thoughts and prayers of so many people, has contributed to the news I received today”.

But whilst his health is slowly improving, his journey is far from over, claims Mark PIlgrim.

He added: “What lies ahead is still months of treatment, strict diet…and lots of willpower. Today is a good day”.

The father of two regularly shares motivational posts with his followers. He said in a post last week: “I’m feeling positive. Healing is happening. Defying the odds… regaining harmony and balance”.