AKA recounts his version of events following the death of Anele Nelli Tembe in April 2021.
Images via YouTube screenshot

‘Party, clean blood’: What AKA allegedly did after Anele Tembe died

After his fiancée Anele Nelli Tembe’s gruesome death, her family allege AKA ‘partied and drank’ with his entourage…


AKA recounts his version of events following the death of Anele Nelli Tembe in April 2021.
Images via YouTube screenshot

While we’ll never know the truth after the death of rapper AKA last week, the family of his late fiancée Anele Nelli Tembe has made some damning allegations about the day she died.

Not only have they accused him of murdering her, but the family has also claimed the hitmaker – real name Kiernan Forbes – acted maliciously while she was laying dying outside on the street.

Nelli died after falling to her death off the tenth floor of the Pepper Club Hotel in Cape Town on 10 April 2021. Last Friday, AKA also died on the street – Florida Road in Durban – after he was shot and killed by unknown gunmen.

ALSO READ: Bombshell! Nelli Tembe’s family claim AKA THREW her off balcony


In a letter that the City Press has leaked, the Tembe family addresses the National Prosecuting Authority on their suspicions of how they believe AKA “pushed or threw” his fiancée off the balcony of their hotel room. At the time, the couple was in Cape Town for a scheduled performance booked for the rapper.

ALSO READ: Nelli Tembe: Family denied access to docket, question NPA ruling

The Tembe family also claimed that AKA behaved “unbecoming” during and after the death of their daughter.

This includes allegations that he:

Partied and drank AFTER her death

“Forbes partied and drank at the hotel with his entourage following the passing of his fiancée,” read the letter.

ALSO READ: AKA and Nelli Tembe: Uncanny similarities between their deaths

AKA IGNORED Nelli, who was still alive for 20 minutes after the fall

“He did not attend to his injured fiancé, who remained alive for approximately 20 minutes. He did not go to perform CPR on her; instead, Stefanutto, a complete stranger, cared enough to administer CPR and call emergency services in an attempt to save Anele Tembe’s life.”

He cleaned up the blood, possibly concealing an altercation.

“Forbes cleaned up the hotel room. There was blood on the towels”

ALSO READ: ‘Spirits and karma’: Tweeps claim Nelli Tembe came to ‘fetch’ AKA

Made a call to reception for assistance AFTER her fall

During an interview with Bar Leader TV, AKA she claimed that he called hotel security for assistance. This, after an argument between him and Tembe became heated. He then claimed he went to the bathroom, and Nelli was “gone” when he returned.

He said: “Events are blurry because I didn’t lay eyes on her at the time I made the call to security. The phone was here, and the balcony was over there when I made the call… so I tried to get out of the situation. I don’t know whether it was during the call that she had jumped or when I was in the bathroom, or whatever the sequence of events are, but that’s how I remember it.”

But the Tembe family has disputed that claim. The letter states: “The call that Forbes made to the reception was made after Anele Tembe had already landed on the ground.

“The video footage that captured her fall records a time that is prior to the call that Forbes made to the reception of the hotel. The evidence in the form of the record of the call and the video footage, which are contained in the docket were shockingly ignored. The receptionist is easily contradicted by that”


By his own admission in the same interview, AKA admitted to going to a friend’s room, instead of going down to assist his fiancée, who lay injured on the side of the road.

In the interview, he said, “One of them [his friends] had gone down to the scene and came back up and said that the paramedics were working on her. And that she was still alive.

“It made me even more crazy, because how could she survive that? And now they are giving me this hope? But I knew in my heart in the brief moment I looked over, it was just so horrifying.”