Did anybody say finger skateboard?!
Fidget spinners… cringe, right? Yeah, we know, so here are a few flashback items that, to this day, beat the spinner anytime.
Let’s throw it back to the 90’s and 2000’s and look at things that could be regarded as a ‘fidget spinner‘ in that time:
Extreme office stunt! 😛#fingerboard #fingerskate #sweet #slowmo #slowmotion #skateboard #fidgetspinner pic.twitter.com/ojssaSlagh
— Guy Green (@guygreenos) May 27, 2017
2. These digital ‘pets’ were all the rage:
RT if you had a Tamagotchi! pic.twitter.com/Z23MO0xthM
— The 90s Life (@The90sLife) May 27, 2017
3. At some point, you started to master the art of the ‘Scoobie String’:
#GrowingUpBritish Thinking you was a right don when mastering the art of making 'scoobie strings' ??? pic.twitter.com/5aeUHcoHJk
— Growing Up British (@growing_Up_Brit) July 6, 2016
4. 90’s Kids collected Pogs or Slammers from chips packets:
The Pogs Must be Crazy #TrendyMovies pic.twitter.com/zKxe9hNmR1
— Bob Tony (@BobTony42) June 3, 2017
5. Gummy bands were the only fashion accessory you ever needed:
“@beautybay: Anyone else remember Jelly Bracelets from the 90's? #ThrowbackThursday #TBT pic.twitter.com/3Io9Rqf30H” also known as shag bands
— Gem (@chickennug_blue) March 27, 2014
6. Slap bands were also a thing.
7. Toys or spoons found in Cereal boxes were the bomb:
Only 90's kids remember toys in cereal boxes pic.twitter.com/VbdCZ2IyaT
— Meyer (@Meyer13Andrew) May 17, 2017
8. Pokemon was literally everything:
Apparently I have a shitload of Pokemon cards ranging from 2002-2012. Mostly from 2002. pic.twitter.com/0VjuiIQnta
— Green-Guy Geno (@GreenGuyGeno) June 5, 2017
9. You know it:
There are people like me! Crazy bones kept in a persil tablet bag was the trend ? #90's pic.twitter.com/4Saj0tLtUF
— Alex Buckner (@iamalexbuckner) November 19, 2014
10. Those water ring toss toys which looks harder than it seems:
11. Who can forget the ultimate 90’s paper fortune teller?
90's kids know all about this fun paper fortune teller!!! It funny because we did this so much in elementary school pic.twitter.com/PVyXvA26G4
— Addicted To Jimin (@JiminSnuggleToy) June 27, 2014
12. These pens were the best thing since Will Smith.
13. The only ‘fidget spinner’ 90’s kids knew: swirling a plain old pen.
14. Or, well this original, ‘Fidget Spinner’:
15. Trolls…Trolls everywhere:
shawn is a true 90's kid with that trolls inspiration pic.twitter.com/VR62cnLSVV
— aisha (@jeongussy) May 29, 2017
16. Stretchy Chokers:
17. These ‘Slip ‘n Slide’ things kept a lot of 90’s kids from fidgeting:
If you grew up in the 90’s or 2000’s, do you remember any of these things?!