It seems Meikie’s (Harriet Manamela) well-master-minded plan to escape prison is not working out for her.
She convinced her son, Leeto to hire her doppelganger to replace her in prison so that she doesn’t have to serve time.
Also read: ‘Skeem Saam’ Review: John Maputla wants Meikie to serve time
Their plan was exposed by her daughter-in-law, Mapitsi (Mogau Motlhatswi) who informed her husband of her plans.
- Meikie’s testimonies about how she made the Seakamelas lives a living hell could land her behind bars because they’re very strong.
- Viewers are also perplexed by her lawyer, Advocate Bopape’s (Patrick Bokaba) way of questioning in court.
- They think Bopape is secretly throwing Meikie under the bus as he wants her to pay for her crimes.
- They believe that KG Mathabatha could’ve done a far better job than Bopape and are nervous about her outcome.
- Meikie is on trial for attempting to murder Kwaito Seakamela (Clemnet Maosa) and his mother, Mantuli Seakamela (Dieketseng Mnisi).
- This is the second time she used her gun, she also shot and killed Tumishang (Mothusi Mogano) in self-defense last year.
Also read: ‘Skeem Saam’: Khelina and Sandra Stein should’ve been Meikie’s lawyers
MELITA’S ‘TRANSNET ’ STORYLINE
Fans are applauding the educational soapie for raising awareness against job scams with its ‘Transnet scamming’ storyline.
- Actress, Hellen Motsuki, who plays the role of a shopkeeper, Melita, is being scammed.
- She is desperate for a high-paying job and would go to any lengths to get the job she wants.
- Melita discovered that the Transnet job she applied for is a scam with the help of Clement’s father, Dennis (Clevy Sekgala).
- Dennis informed her that the job she applied for is fake and that the job is not advertised on the real website.
- This storyline hits home for many unemployed youths in South Africa who’ve been scammed and even paid scammers to get a job.