Scandal! viewers watched last night’s episode at the edge of their seats when their fan-favourite character Caiphus was sentenced to 15 years in jail instead of six months.
Caiphus was bribed R3 million by the Kubekas to take the fall as the driver who killed Quinton Nyathi instead of Zenzele Kubeka.
Caiphus’s wife Gloria (Marjorie Langa) and the whole of Diepsloot were devastated when the judge announced that he will spend 15 years in jail.
Also read: TONIGHT’S EPISODE: Scandal – Friday 01 October 2021 (E3923 S13)
WHAT HAPPENED TO CAIPHUS?
Dudu Kubeka (Sihle Ndaba) knew things will end badly for Caiphus the moment she stepped into the courtroom.
- The judge that was bribed to handle Caiphus’s case didn’t make it to the courtroom.
- The Kubekas promised Caiphus that he will only spend six months in jail for Quinton (Brighton Ngoma) murder because they bribed a judge to handle his case.
- Zenzele is the only Kubeka celebrating the ruling now because he was the one driving the truck that night.
- The Kubekas know that Quinton’s baby mama Dintle (Mapaseka Koetle-Nyokong) isn’t done investigating his death because she doesn’t believe Caiphus was the driver.
Gloria is going to sing like a canary now that her husband will be in jail longer .
- She loves Caiphus (Michael Mabizela) and blames herself for her husband’s current situation because she pushed him to take the money.
- Gloria and Dintle are going to work together to do everything they can to get Caiphus released.
- Jojo Kubeka (Melusi Mbhele) is going to make sure that his brother pays for Quinton’s death when he finds out the truth.
- The Kubekas are keeping Zenzele’s secret from Jojo because they know that he won’t tolerate what they’re doing to Caiphus.
- Jojo, Gloria, and Dintle will not rest until the truth is revealed and Zenzele (Robert Mpisi) pays for his sins..
Also read:‘Scandal!’ Review: Will Gloria succeed in her war against the Kubekas?